Fifth Grade Physical Education

Squeak, squeak, bounce, bounce, bounce!  A fifth grader swishes the basketball into the basket. He screams, “Who dat! Who dat!”  Those are the sounds you hear in our gym class. 

Our gym teacher, Ms Riordan, has been working as a PE teacher for 23 years. Can you believe it, 23 years? Our other PE teacher, Mrs. Gillis, has been teaching for 17 years. That is 40 years combined. 40!!!  Ms Reardon and Mrs. Gillis choose their job because they really liked children and P.E. Mrs. Gillis said the community of Dover supports the instruction Physical Education music, art, band and Chickering Reporters. They chose this school because our kids are very nice. They love our school. Love it! They also love coming to their job every day. Can you believe it?

This year the fourth graders will practice flag football skills. They had to have the fourth graders play flag football because they couldn’t find Frisbees for there unit on Frisbees.  We wish we could have done that last year.

Their favorite games to teach are ‘cooperative games’ were you work together. Grades 3-5 do fitness testing; we do the mile. We do curl-ups.  Together we did 90 curl-ups! We also did pushups. We also do sit and reach and the shuttle run.  A few of Ms Riordan and Mrs. Gillis’ favorite games are:  “Cone Knock Down”, “Dodge Ball”, “Cooperative Games”, “Flag Football” and “Hula-Hut Throw Down”.

We wish that we could have PE Class EVERYDAY!

Reported by,
Jonathan and Peter

9 thoughts on “Fifth Grade Physical Education

1. Hi Jonathon and Peter,
    I like the squeaks and bounces at the beginning because it intrigues the reader. I think that you should supply more information about what the kids think about gym. Awesome job!

Drew

2. Dear Peter and Jonathan,

I really like how you wrote about gym. It’s my favorite special in school. I really liked your Animoto slideshow and I noticed that I was in it a couple of times. I really liked it and I hope you have more posts.

Jack

3. Dear Peter and John,
    I really like your post.I also like the way you told all of the games. But the part I liked most was your slide show. I also really like the song you picked.

From,
    Anabel

4. Dear Peter and Jonathan
    I really like your post about P.E. I liked how you told what games we were playing in P.E. I liked your slideshow and song. I liked how you talked about the difrent kinds of games and the Gym teacher.
    Sincerly,
    Avery

5. Dear Peter and Jonathan,
    I really liked your post about P.E. I liked how you wrote the activities both Ms.Gillis and Ms.Reardon both like best. I also think you should have described one of the games we played. I really like the pictures you used for the Animoto video. The music was a perfect choice.
    Sincerely,
    Caroline

6. Jonathan and Peter,

Great job! P.E. is an awesome class and Mrs. Gillis and Ms. Riordan make it so much fun while you are learning important skills.

I love the slide show. Was it hard to put together?

Dr. Reinemann

7. Dear 5th graders,
    I really enjoyed your post about P.E. I love the music. It really went with the slide show. When I see exclamation points I think to myself I should add an exiting feeling after that explanation point.
    Something you might think about for another time, would be to include information for all the grades at Chickering School for Physical Education.
    You really inspired me to do a post like this, too.

From your 4th grade friend,
    Abby

8. Thank for posting this, I simply wanted you to realize that I found it truly valuable. All the best|greatest to you for the future. Thanks

9. Thanks for offering this great info and always keep in mind that whatever the mind can imagine, you can bring into reality. Plus success normally leaves clues. Thanks again.