Columbia Disaster

Chickering Student Radio

The Columbia Disaster was a tragic space event. This event killed all 7 people on board the shuttle. Stay tuned to learn more important facts about this event!

Works Cited:

Howell, Elizabeth. “Columbia disaster.” Space.com. Web. 21 March 2019

Ramasamy Venugopal. “Columbia Disaster.” Space Safety Magazine. Web. 29 March 2019

Reported by: Neal, Reema, Charley, and Boden

4 thoughts on “Columbia Disaster

1. I like your blog post a lot because you because you talked about something outside of school. I think you guys should edit out all the stuttering moments. I cant what to see another one of your blog posts. You guys did great. 😃

2. Good job at describing the story with a timeline like the 9am-9am-9am thing. I think next time maybe you can practice talking into a mic as a practice first because you guys were not always clear. I can’t wait until next time. 😁

3. Dear Neal, Reema, Charley and Boden,
    This was a very sad event in U.S. History and especially for the Space program. Thank you for reminding us of the brave astronauts who risk their lives when they ventured out in the Space Shuttle. You did a nice job reporting on the event and documenting your resources – don’t forget even the NASA.gov site should be included.
    If would be helpful, in future Blog posts, to have a comment from one of the NASA control people to make it more personalized. Maybe a quote from the ceremony honoring these astronauts such as this one by Captain Robert Crippen given at the Memorial service on February 7, 2003.
    “Words at a time like this seem weak. They don’t fully communicate the depth of our feelings. The NASA family speaks much clearer with actions. The action that is being taken to find the cause of the accident, correct it and continue the crew’s journey of discovery in space is the grandest tribute that we can pay to them. I’m certain that is what they would have wanted.” Accessed 16 June 2019.
    Well done. Keep up the good reporting.
    So glad to see you all as Reporters this year.
    Fondly,
    Mrs. Chase (previous librarian)

4. When you were talking about the Columbia Disaster you gave a lot of good details about the Columbia Disaster. I didn’t really like that at one point there was a click when someone switched. When you were editing I would have deleted the click. I really loved your post and would totally read another one!!! 😁