Do Re Me … Mrs. Law-Linck’s Music Class

CSR - logo

Chickering Student Radio

Music is wafting from our music room and stage with our new music teacher, Mrs. Law-Linck. She teaches music with instruments and movement as well as Chorus to Grades 3, 4, and 5. We hope you enjoy listening to our chat with Mrs. Law-Linck.

Meet Mrs. Law-Linck

[The music you heard in the podcast are exerpts from a 4th/5th grade chorus practice.]

The Name Game

Reported by Liza and Emily

7 thoughts on “Do Re Me … Mrs. Law-Linck’s Music Class

1. Hi Liza and Emily

I really liked your blog post about Mrs. Law-Linck especially how you wove the audio clips from chorus and music classes! I want to learn how to do that.
    You covered so much material in your interview- I was interested to hear why she wanted to become a teacher.

Thank you,
    Dr. Reinemann

2. Liza and Emily,

I really enjoyed your post! You girls did such a nice job organizing the interview and reporting on the Name Game! I know how much all of the students in our class love to sing it!

Well done girls!
    Miss V

3. Dear Liza and Emily,

Wonderful work! I really enjoyed our interview, and you asked thoughtful, insightful questions. You brought it all together in a fantastic blog post! It captures and organizes our conversation beautifully, and the sound clips from rehearsal add a great dimension. Thank you so much for talking with me about my first weeks at Chickering!

PS- My fourth-grade daughter listened to your Name Game tutorial, and she loved clapping and snapping along with you!

4. I loved this interview! I thought you had great questions and I know a lot of more facts about Mrs.Law-Linck. The way you put the kids’ music instead of the jingle was fantastic. I did see a spelling error in the beginning. That was the only thing that was bad about it! Overall, I thought it was a fantastic interview and I enjoyed listening to it.

5. I adore how all your questions were opened ended, how you couldn’t answer them with just a simple yes or no, you had to answer them with a long detailed answer. Like the question of what instruments Mrs. Law-Link played. I think next time you could maybe add more personal things, for example, “What do you like to do in your free time?” I also liked how you slurred the singing of the kids in the end. Other than asking a personal question, I loved you review!

6. Dear Chickering Reporters,

I really love this post! I was pulled into the story with all the interesting descriptive words in the introduction. I love the way you used “wafting” in the first sentence. You both asked some really great questions, but it might’ve been helpful to ask “What’s it like being a music teacher at the Chickering School?” or maybe “How do you choose what songs to sing for your music classes?” But, overall this a fantastic post. Keep up the great work!

7. Dear Liza & Emily,

You two did such a wonderful job! I thought the questions were so interesting! You should be very proud! I really loved learning more about Mrs. Law-Link. She’s a great teacher and I now I know her better! The music clips were a very nice touch!

Well done!