Welcome to a New Year!

As we approached the gym, we could hear the buzz of excited children and adults. The school was gathering together for our annual back toDesign Cover Winners for the School Directory. school assembly, on Friday, August 30, 2013.

Mrs. Dayal, our new principal, welcomed us back. The fifth graders made two lines to form a bridge for the new kindergarten students to walk under, as they entered the gym, while we sang our Welcome Back song. Next we welcomed the new students in grades 1 – 5, as well as, our new staff members.

The morning announcements and the Pledge of Allegiance were led by Caroline and Jack. Mrs. Dayal talked about the importance of taking risks when we learn trying new things. She took a risk herself, by having us sing a round that we had never done together as a group. The Chickering School Directory’s cover design winners were announced. Following this annoucement, we set our goal for the number of Blue Tickets we would earn this year. Dr. Reinemann reminded us that Blue Tickets are awarded for being caught helping others.

We closed our Welcome Back Assembly by singing This Land Is Your Land.

Reported by Rachel H. and Tommy

9 thoughts on “Welcome to a New Year!

1. Dear Rachel and Tommy

Thank you for your detailed description of our Opening Assembly! I had forgotten some of the things we did- your blog post reminded me of the song we all sang!

2. Nice job Rachel and Tommy! Thanks for such a detailed description of the Opening Day Assembly. Now I know exactly what you guys did that day!

3. I liked how you started the first paragraph because you used non-boring words and I liked how you used the word BUZZ in the first sentence. I think you should make the volume on the video more quiet. I also did like that you added in a video because it shows what the actual Back To School assembly was like. I would like to see the next post you make!

4. Nice song!! You said all of the important details. Next time you may want to use a tripod to film … it will keep the camera from jiggling. 😉
    Great job Tommy and Rachel.

5. Good job! I really liked it because you showed all the important things about the assembly. It really jogged my memory. My suggestion would be to keep the camera still! Im looking forward to more.