Dover Days

Picture this … barbecue, games, prizes, huge inflatable race track and wrecking ball, many cool stands and much, much more comprise  Dover Days! This event is held yearly in late September. The Old Couples Club established the fair 35 years ago for new families moving into town. The club only sponsored the festival for ten years and then handed it over to the Dover Park and Rec. Department, who have been organizing the festival for the past 25 years.

Did you know that the Dover Park and Rec has booths for almost anything? Some of the stands include bedazzled rings Image of Jar of Honey.and sparkly  necklaces, cool sports cards, intriguing toys, and food items such as jam, honey, and trail mix.

The scent of barbacue wafted up our noses as we walked past the scrumptious looking foods sitting on the table, such as juicy burgers, grilled hot dogs, smoked sausages, bags of crispy chips, and cold, refreshing sodas. The cool brain freezing slushies trickled down our throats while we were slurping them down to fast.

My eyes widened as I stared in disbelief at the twisting, turning lines at the incredible bouncy houses. Each of the three bouncy houses were different. One was a giant inflatable race track for kids. Another, was a giant blow-up wrecking ball hanging from the top of the ceiling with a chain and four inflatable platforms below. What you want to do is stand on a platform and push on the ball to try to knock other players off of their platforms. The last one is a normal bouncy house where you can have fun catching some air while jumping and bouncing around!

Dover Days is an event to watch for each September, so don’t miss it!

Reported by Aiden, Sierra, and Ford

6 thoughts on “Dover Days

1. Hi Aiden, Ford and Sierra

What fun! It was as if I was back at Dover Days again! Thank you for describing the day with specific details and the array of photos.

Deb

2. What a great article! I really enjoyed your use of visual and sensory descriptions of the activities. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading more of your work soon.

3. I thought your video and blog was great! #:) I really liked your starting sentence. I could really imagine I was there. Keep up the good work!

4. I think that you guys did an outstanding job explaining all of the details. Unfortunately, I didn’t make it to Dover Days this year but you made me feel like I was there. I think that you could have included some more of the booths and activities. Also add how you could earn tickets and prizes. Over all I loved the pictures and all of the detail in this post. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.